Are You Ready to Write Your Script…?
Egri offers a checklist for making sure you’ve put the necessary thought into your work before you start. If you’ve done the following 11 steps, your script will be ready to go!
- Formulate a premise.
- Choose the protagonist.
- Choose the antagonist.
- Create a unity of opposites.
- Choose the other characters, making sure that each is unique and serves a unique purpose.
- Define the conflict.
- Select the correct point of attack.
- Define the change in your characters, know where they start and end.
- Chart the growth of your characters through the transitions.
- Make sure the dialogue is true to your characters.
- Define the climax of your story.
Don’t take it from me, buy the book.
As I said when I started this thread, TADW is one of my most valued and trusted sources for when I’m stuck, need a reminder about some element I’m missing, or just need to check my work.
It’s a “must have” for any serious writer. Buy it. Put it on your bookshelf. And use it. Your scripts will thank you. Here’s a link: